The major goal of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department (PM&R) in Santa Cruz is to improve the quality of life for our patients, even if there is no final cure for the underlying condition.
Effective 7/2/12, the PMR department located at 2900 Chanticleer Ave will be moved to 2911 Chanticleer Avenue. The phone number will remain unchanged.
Santa Cruz Locations
Chanticleer Office (2911)
2911 Chanticleer Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
Main phone: 831-458-6240
1529 Seabright Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Main phone: 831-458-6230
Google Map to Santa Cruz
Doctors in Santa Cruz
We are experts in the conservative and minimally invasive treatment of spinal and neuromusculoskeletal problems, sports medicine and certain pain syndromes.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive consultations
- Spinal and musculoskeletal diagnoses with clinical correlation and confirmation through appropriate medical imaging technologies: MRI, CT, bone scan
- Patient referrals to appropriate surgical and medical subspecialties
- Refer patients to specific physical and occupational therapy programs
- Electrodiagnosis (NCS/EMG) to diagnose neuromuscular conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome or a pinched spinal nerve. NCS/EMG testing measures the electrical function of muscles and nerves, then correlates this information with other data such as anatomic images obtained through X-rays or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. Learn more about electromyography (EMG)
- Peripheral joint and nerve injections
- Percutaneous interventional treatments for spinal disorders: These are minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures often performed with fluoroscopic guidance (X-ray)
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Kyphoplasty to treat vertebral compression fracture (VCF)
Back to top
PM&R physicians work with other medical and surgical specialists as a team to coordinate the patient's care. When appropriate, we refer patients to physical therapy and occupational therapy programs. We then work closely with the therapists to develop rehabilitation programs.
*Regarding Opiate (pain management) medications:
Although we do not provide long-term opioid management/refills for chronic pain patients, our consultants will provide a thorough assessment. Upon request, we will help determine if opioid usage is appropriate, and make recommendations as to opioid titration or tapering. If necessary, we will initiate and coordinate referrals to a multidisciplinary chronic pain center.
Back to top