Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Services
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation's (PAMF) Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department offers many types of non- and minimally invasive treatments to restore function, including*:
- Comprehensive consultations
- Spinal and musculoskeletal diagnoses with clinical correlation and confirmation through appropriate medical imaging technologies such as MRI, CT and bone scans.
- Patient referrals to appropriate surgical and medical subspecialties.
- Refer patients to physical and occupational therapy programs.
- Electrodiagnosis (NCS/EMG) to diagnose neuromuscular conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome or a pinched spinal nerve. NCS/EMG testing measures the electrical function of muscles and nerves, then correlates this information with other data such as anatomic images obtained through X-rays or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. Learn more about electromyography (EMG).
- Percutaneous interventional treatments for spinal disorders: These are minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures often performed with fluoroscopic guidance (X-ray).
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Kyphoplasty to treat vertebral compression fracture (VCF).
- Therapeutic injections to control pain and inflammation
- Therapeutic exercises to regain flexibility, strength and endurance
Back to top