Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group (PAFMG)
Annual Scholarship Awards
Did you know that our doctors award annual scholarships to deserving students as part of our deep and long-term commitment to supporting future generations of doctors?
The Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group (PAFMG) Pre-Medical Scholarship is awarded to deserving local high school students who attend a four-year college and plan to pursue careers as doctors. The scholarship was started by Richard Babb, M.D., who was a gastroenterologist at our Palo Alto Clinic, and is funded in full by our doctors. Since Dr. Babb started the program in 1993, our doctors have awarded more than 33 scholarships to local students.
Scholarships are $25,000, paid out over 5 years.
Applying for a Scholarship
Applicants will need to meet the following qualifications:
- Anticipate a career as a doctor.
- Plan to take pre-medicine courses to prepare for medical school.
- Be in top 20 percent of class (verified by transcript).
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance to attend a university (verified by documentation listed below).
In addition, please mail us the following information by April 1, 2014:
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or school guidance counselor
- High school grade transcript
- Submit SAT and ACT scores
- Student Aid Report (SAR) copy
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) copy
- Parents’ tax return documentation copy
PAFMG Pre-Medicine Scholarship
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
2350 W. El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
Back to top