Online Safety Pledge
- I won't give others my personal information, such as my full name, address, or telephone number and my school name or address.
- I won't send a photo of myself (or of my family or friends) to someone I meet online without getting a parent's permission first.
- I won't make hurtful or threatening remarks to people I communicate with online.
- I won't claim to be someone I'm not, either by accessing some else's screen name and password or pretending to be someone else online.
- I will never give out my password. If someone accidentally discovers my password, I'll immediately change it.
- I won't respond to any messages that are threatening to me, my family, or my friends. If I receive such messages, I'll contact my online service immediately or ask a parent to do so.
- I will only meet with someone I communicate with online if I have parental permission and the meeting is in a public place with my parent with me.
- A parent and I will determine rules for going online, including when and how long I can be online, as well as sites or chat rooms I can visit.
These rules will be reviewed regularly.
My Signature Date
Guardian's Signature Date
Excerpted from Too Old for This, Too Young for That! by Harriet S. Mosatche, Ph.D., and Karen Unger, M.A. © 2000. Used with permission from Free Spirit Publishing Inc., Minneapolis, MN; 1-866-703-7322; www.freespirit.com . All rights reserved.