Meeting New People at Middle School
Going to a new school can be stressful.
- Making friends
- Using buses
- Using a locker combination
- Meeting new teachers
- Finding your way around
Questions you can ask (just some ideas):
- Do you have brothers and sisters? Do they go to school here? How old are they? What are their names?
- Is this your first year here, too? How long have you gone to school here?
- What sports do you like to do? What's your favorite sport to watch (on TV or live)?
- What did you do over the summer?
- Do you have any pets? How long have you had it/them? How big are they? What are their names?
- What's your favorite food? Why? Do you know how to make it? What's your favorite restaurant? What do you like to eat there?
It is normal to feel shy around people that you do not know. Just be yourself and you'll be sure to meet people who like you for who you are. Listen and feel comfortable talking to other people and going to a new school will not be such a hard adjustment.
Reviewed by the Web Content Committee of PAMF