Tips for Getting Fit
- Ask yourself why you want to be fit. Is it to be healthy, to do better in physical activities (like sports) or for other reasons?
- Decide what activities are right for you. Whatever you do should be something you enjoy. And always think about your safety!
- Pace yourself. Fitness is a gradual process, so don't rush or over-exercise. Set up a daily schedule. Just like for video games, start at the beginning and work your way up to higher levels.
- Set goals. Keep track of your progress, and as you reach these goals, you'll feel good about what you've accomplished.
- Talk to others. People you know may have tips that make your activities easier and more fun!
- Work with a partner. It may be more fun if you do your activities with a friend, who can keep you company and motivated.
- Be flexible. Change your schedule, goals or activities. Don't feel like you always have to stick to the same routine to be fit. Trying new activities that exercise different parts of the body can keep things interesting too.
- Do not use steroids! These substances are only an easy way to build fake muscles. They don't help your fitness, and can be unhealthy and illegal.
- Eat a healthy diet. For example, fruits and veggies have a lot of nutrients your body needs. Many other healthy foods can also be combined for a balanced diet to give you energy.
- Eat several hours before your activity, or wait until afterwards. You don't want to be too full before exercising, or you might become tired or feel sick afterwards.
- Drink water and milk. While water is the No. 1 thirst-quencher (remember how thirsty you were after P.E.?), milk has the calcium to strengthen your bones.
Back to top