Back to School
Going back to school after the summer break may seem hard, but it's not that bad. You will get to see your old friends, make new ones, learn new things, and have some great teachers.
However, returning to school may be stressful if you are just starting middle school or have moved to a new area.
You may be worried about:
- Getting lost
- Making friends
- Opening your locker
- Deciding where to eat lunch
- Having lots of homework or being stressed out
- Having a crush
- Meeting new teachers
- Teasing, gossip or bullying
- Hard classes or big textbooks
- Trying out for a sports teams
- Getting good grades
- Choosing clothes or make-up
It is also important to be prepared for school. Make sure your books all fit in your backpack and that your clothes aren't in violation of a dress code or school uniform.
Below are things to remember when you go back to school.
- Pack your backpack with everything you might need.
- Bring extra pens, pencils and other supplies.
- Bring paper, binders and folders.
- Pack a healthy lunch, or eat a healthy lunch at school.
- Have breakfast before you go to school, so you have energy for the rest of the day.
Author: Katie Ransohoff, high school student writer