Do-It-Yourself Hair Accessories
There are tons of fun ways to make your own hair accessories.
You can find or make fabric flowers and use a hot glue gun to attach them to bobby pins or clips (ask an adult to help you with the glue at first). You can also sew fake flowers to a fabric scrunchie. Other small things that you can glue to bobby pins or clips are:
- Small toys
- Sequins or plastic rhinestones
- Anything else that looks cool to you!
- Paint hair clips or bobby pins with regular paint or nail polish.
- Glue small objects to headbands or wrap colorful ribbon around the headband.
- Make hair chopsticks by painting and adding glitter to ordinary (clean!) chopsticks for food. Once they're dry, add varnish and you're done!
Author: Katie Ransohoff, high school student writer