This is a simple recipe that is great any time and a potluck hit!
6 tart apples (cored, peeled and quartered)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (dark) brown sugar, packed
½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a deep-dish pie plate or 9 x 9 baking pan with a non-stick product – or use butter.
3. Combine the dry ingredients with the butter in a mixing bowl - to make a coarse meal.
4. Combine the apples, lemon juice, nuts and 2 tablespoons of sugar in the baking pan.
5. Sprinkle the topping (course meal) over the fruit mixture.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for the first 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown!