Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
No Fat, No Sugar, Delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from 101 Cookbooks blog)
By Shelley Kind, College Writer
1 ½ c. ripe, mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 c. olive oil
2 c. rolled oats
2/3 c. almond meal
1/3 c. shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 oz. chopped dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl combine the bananas, vanilla extract, and olive oil. Set aside.
3. In another bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the dough, each about 2 teaspoons in size, an inch apart, onto a parchment (or Silpat) lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies.