Moist and Yummy Bran Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups pure bran
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons butter (melted)
- 2 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 cups dark molasses
- 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine banana, raisins, buttermilk, egg, molasses and butter.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir to moisten flour mixture.
- Pour into greased muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Makes about 18 muffins.