The Best Brussels Sprouts in The World
This recipe is based on one from Jill Silverman Hough that can be found on Epicurious.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed, outer leaves removed and bases trimmed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium shallots, thinly sliced (About 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Slice brussel sprouts using thin slicing disc of the food processor.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallots; sauté until almost translucent, about three minutes.
- Add garlic; stir one minute.
- Add brussel sprouts and sauté until tender, about eight minutes, adding raisins during the last two to three minutes. >
- Stir in one tablespoon pine nuts and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining one tablespoon pine nuts and serve.