(lower in fat than regular ground-beef burgers)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or rosemary or oregano (only 1/2 teaspoon if you used dried)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons horseradish
1/2 teaspoon tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pound buffalo meat (can be found in the meat section of grocery stores -- in a square package)
4 hamburger buns
4 leaves of lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
Dill pickles slices
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the diced onion until soft, about five minutes.
- Let the onions cool while you put the spices, horseradish, mustard, salt, pepper, and buffalo meat into a bowl.
- Add the onions to the mixture and then make into four patties.
- Heat patties in skillet or on the grill for about 10 minutes, turning once so they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Toast the buns, put on condiments of your choice, add lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles and viola -– you have made a buffalo burger.