Chocolate Chip Muffins
By Madeline Macartney
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¾ cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the muffin pan with muffin-cup liners.
- In a medium bowl using a wooden spoon, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and 1 cup of sugar until blended.
- Add 1 egg and beat until blended. Add the other egg and vanilla and beat until blended
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low speed until blended. Add the rest of the flour mixture and chocolate chips and beat until blended.
- Using a spoon, fill each lined cup ¾ with batter. Sprinkle the extra sugar over the tops.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 21 to 23 minutes until the muffins are golden brown.
- Using oven mitts remove the pan and let it cool for 20 minutes.
Back to top