Whole Wheat Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs or ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 apple
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and mix.
- Mix together the honey, applesauce, milk and eggs in another larger bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet one and mix thoroughly.
- Peel and grate the apple. Add to the batter.
- Heat a greased griddle over medium heat, and pour batter onto it in small amounts. When small bubbles form on the tops of the pancakes, flip them, and continue cooking until done.
- Top with fruit, syrup, or nuts and enjoy!
Back to top