2 tablespoons oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 to 1 1/2 pounds of ham, cut up
16 oz. tomato sauce
1 small can of tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup dry red wine (ask a grown-up for help with this)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon marjoram
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package lasagna noodles
2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 cup mozzarella or jack cheese
1/2 to 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 35 degrees.
- Fry the meat, onion and garlic with oil until meat is brown and the onion is soft.
- Drain the fat and stir in sauce, paste, wine, water, and seasonings.
- Mix well, and cover it and let it cook slowly for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix together cottage cheese and mozzarella/jack cheese.
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Drain them and rinse in cold water.
- Spoon 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
- Add a layer of noodles, then sauce, then cottage cheese mix.
- Repeat layers until everything is used up.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350.