Molten Mocha Cake
1 cup semisweet (or dark) chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
3 egg yolks
1 (15.8 ounce) box Pillsbury Fudge Supreme Double Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix
2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or strong brewed coffee
12 fresh strawberries
12 fresh mint sprigs
1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 12 (2-3/4 by 1-1/4-inch) nonstick muffin cups.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Cool five minutes.
- In large bowl, combine eggs and egg yolks; beat with electric mixer at high speed for four to six minutes or until foamy and doubled in size. Keep the chocolate syrup packet from brownie mix out –- you will use it at the end.
- Gradually add brownie mix to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Fold in melted chocolate chip mixture and liqueur.
- Divide batter evenly into greased muffin cups. (Cups will be full.)
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set/hard. Do not overbake. Centers will be soft. Cool for two minutes.
- While cakes are cooling, drizzle chocolate syrup from packet onto each individual serving plate.
- Run knife around edge of each cake to loosen. Invert warm cake over chocolate on each plate.
- Garnish each serving with strawberry, mint sprig, and ice cream.
Yield: 12 servings
Back to top