Easy Sweet Rice with Coconut Milk and Mango
2 cups Thai sweet rice (also called "sticky rice")
1 3/4 cups water
1 ripe mango, cut into bite-size pieces or 1 package frozen mango
1/3 cup sugar
1 can good-quality coconut milk
1/4 tsp. salt
- Rinse the sweet rice and then put the water and rice in a pan and cover.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, and cook it until all the water is gone — maybe only 10 minutes, so keep an eye on it!
- While it cooks, mix the can of coconut milk with the sugar and salt, and heat it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high.
- Stir again and wait for the rice to finish.
- When done, remove the pot from the heat, stir in the coconut milk mixture, and place the lid on tight, and leave to "steam" cook for five to 10 minutes. The heat within the rice pot will finish cooking the rice.
To serve, place scoops of the sticky rice in bowls, add pieces of mango and sprinkle with sesame seeds!