- 1 lb. (455 g) dark chocolate cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (235 ml) heavy whipping cream, scalded
- Cocoa powder to roll the truffles in
- Cut the chocolate into really small (evenly sized) pieces and put it in a bowl.
- Scald the cream (which brings bring it just to boiling) stirring constantly.
- Pour the scalded cream over the chocolate pieces and wait 5 min.
- Stir until smooth (no lumps).
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, until it is hard enough to form into balls.
- Form into balls using a melon-baller (with hands to smooth) and put on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. If the chocolate mixture starts to stick, you can re-chill it, or dip the melon-baller into cold water.
- Re-chill the balls for at least 15 minutes.
- Dust the balls with the cocoa powder using two spoons to lift, dip and roll the balls in the powder.