By Sargunjot Kaur, High School Writer
Time: four to five hours for incubation, plus the amount of time in the refrigerator depending on how cold you want to yogurt to be
8 cups milk
4 tablespoons of starter yogurt (ordinary yogurt with regular milk from the store)
- Boil milk in a large cooking pot until bubbles start appearing.
- Let the milk settle down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the milk remains warm, add the yogurt culture or your starter yogurt.
- Mix the milk and starter yogurt thoroughly. (The best way is to pour the mixture into another large pot, and then pour it back again. Keep doing this for at least seven to eight times.) Bubbles or foam like appearance will appear at the top.
- Cover the pot with a lid, and place in a warm place to incubate and culture. Wrap your pot in a blanket, so the culture has a very warm environment to grow in.
- Place the wrapped pot in the oven or in the microwave for four to five hours. Try your best not to touch or disturb the culture.
- Once, the yogurt is firm, put it in the refrigerator to get nice and cold, usually four to five hours.
- Enjoy for breakfast the next day! Serve it with some fresh fruit or flavored jam.