Health Maintenance Guidelines
Advance Health Care Directive (AHCD)
It is often difficult for individuals to think about the care and treatment they want in the event they are incapable of making their own health care decisions. However, completing an Advance Health Care Directive (AHCD) is important for all individuals over 18 years of age as they may unexpectedly be in a position where they cannot speak for themselves, such as an accident or severe illness.
An AHCD gives you the following options:
- You can appoint an agent who has power of attorney to make care and treatment decisions on your behalf, and give instructions about your health care wishes.
- You can give detailed instructions about your health care wishes.
- You can do both: appoint an agent and give detailed instructions.
- Dublin Center: 925-875-6150
- Fremont Center: 510-623-2231
- Mountain View Center: 650-934-7380
- Palo Alto Center: 650-614-3200