Occupational and Hand Therapy
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation's occupational therapy and hand therapy program at the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation office in Santa Cruz provides comprehensive treatment to restore patients' functional use of their hands and/or arms to both return to work and participate in leisure activities.
- Body mechanics and ergonomics
- Coordination and dexterity of the hand
- Assessment and fabrication of static and dynamic hand splints
- Pain reduction and edema control
- Stretching and strengthening exercises specific to the injury
- Wound care and postoperative scar management
- Sensory re-education
- Postoperative recovery after tendon repair, nerve repair and joint replacement
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Back to top