Research Institute Leaders, Scientists & Researchers
Because the Palo Alto Medical Foundation's Research Institute (PAMFRI) offers the unique combination of a well-established and renowned scientific institution within one of the nation's oldest primary and specialty care medical groups, it attracts a wide variety of researchers seeking to examine a broad spectrum of conditions and solutions in real-world settings.
We have three groups of investigators submitting proposal through PAMFRI. Our faculty (scientists) have responsibilities for both the design of projects and obtaining external support, as well as teaching and mentoring post doctoral fellows and others.
Our professional researchers typically work with a faculty member, sometimes submitting their own projects. PAMF/Sutter investigators are primarily working in other divisions, e.g. education, providing clinical care, or are in other Sutter Health units, but pursue some research through PAMFRI.
- Nancy Brown, Ph.D., PAMF Scientist, Education Division
- Walter "Buzz" Stewart, M.D., Ph.D.
- Joshua Liberman, Ph.D.
- Albert Chan, M.D.
- Sukyung Chung, Ph.D., Assistant Scientist
- Meghan Halley, Ph.D., Assistant Research Anthropologist, Department of Health Services Research
- Dorothy Hung, Ph.D., M.A., MPH, Assistant Scientist
- Jun Ma, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Scientist
- Peter McNair, MPH, MHS, Clinical Epidemiologist
- Latha Palaniappan, M.D., M.S., Associate Scientist, Medical Director, Clinical Research
- Ming Tai-Seale, Ph.D., MPH, Senior Scientist
- Sandra R. Wilson, Ph.D., Senior Staff Scientist
- Barbara Anderson, Manager, Clinical Research
- Kristen M.J. Azar, RN, BSN, MSN/MPH, Assistant Nurse Researcher
- Sarah Knowles, Ph.D., MPH, Research Epidemiologist
- Lenard Lesser, M.D., MSHS, Assistant Research Physician
- Su-Ying Liang, Ph.D., Research Economist