Primary Care Transformation in a NCQA Certified Patient-Centered Medical Home
Research Institute: Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute
The major goals of this project are to gather robust and detailed qualitative and quantitative information about the actual primary care transformation processes--retrospective and concurrent--and the lessons learned by Palo Alto Medical Foundation in its successful endeavors to transform primary care.
2010 Aug 10
2013 Jul 31
- Leveraging electronic health records to develop measurements for processes of care.
- Overcoming challenges to adoption of shared medical appointments.
- Patients report better satisfaction with part-time primary care physicians, despite less continuity of care and access.
- Recognition as a patient-centered medical home: fundamental or incidental?
- Shared medical appointments: a promising innovation to improve patient engagement and ease the primary care provider shortage.
- Why do we observe a limited impact of primary care access measures on clinical quality indicators?
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)