PAMF Shared Medical Appointments
Do you wish you had more time to ask your doctor questions about your health concerns? Would you like to connect with patients who share your diagnosis? If so, a Shared Medical Appointment (SMA), where you receive healthcare in a relaxed group setting, could be just the right fit.
Find out what happens during an SMA by viewing this video of our newest SMA in Successful Aging - Mind, Body and Soul - for seniors:
What happens during an SMA?
Our Program includes weekly and monthly one- to three-hour-long SMAs to meet a variety of health needs. During our SMAs you'll be able to:
- Receive ongoing support for chronic health conditions
- Change or renew prescriptions
- Order tests or procedures and receive test results
- Discuss medications, treatment and surgery options
- Receive medical exams and screening tests privately, when needed
Watch our video with PAMF SMA doctor Bruce Eisendorf, M.D., to learn more about what happens during SMAs at our Santa Cruz locations.
Which PAMF locations offer SMAs?
How much does an SMA cost?
Although our SMAs are longer and more comprehensive than a traditional medical visit, they are not more expensive. Your health insurance company will be billed as usual and any regular appointment co-payments will apply.
Where can I learn more about PAMF's SMAs?
Call our SMA coordinators at the following locations to find out more about our SMA Program:
- Burlingame Center (Diabetes): (650) 652-8220
- Fremont Center: (510) 490-1222
- Los Altos Center: (650) 254-5200
- Palo Alto Center: (650) 330-5969
- Santa Cruz area: (831) 462-7174
PAMF Offers SMAs for Many of Your Health Needs
View a complete list of all our SMAs and find the one that's right for you. Learn when and where each of our SMAs takes place and about the doctor who leads the SMA.