Going Home after Surgery at the Surgecenter
When the staff has determined that you are ready to go home, your escort will be given verbal and written instructions for your care at home. If you have any concerns following discharge, please contact your physician.
Remember, you may not drive yourself home. Someone must drive you home because you may feel slightly dizzy or drowsy after anesthesia and medication.
Recovery at Home
Even though your procedure will be behind you, you'll still have some home recovery ahead. Please note these important reminders for home recovery.
- Have a responsible adult stay with you for 24 hours.
- Don't drive or operate heavy equipment.
- Follow the special instructions that your doctor or our staff provided.
- Don't take medications without your doctor's approval.
- Call your doctor if you have any unusual symptoms or changes in your condition that you were not expecting.
- Don't drink any alcoholic beverages.
Expect to hear from us. The day after surgery (or on Monday morning following a Friday surgery), a recovery room nurse will call to check your progress and answer any questions.
Pamper yourself and avoid strenuous activity. Don't be fooled. You may feel fine immediately after surgery, but you must not overdo it.