Burlingame Colon & Rectal Surgery
Surgeons at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) Burlingame Center offer expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon (large bowel), rectum and anus.
The colon and rectum are parts of the digestive system that form the muscular tube called the large intestine (also called the large bowel). The colon is the first four to five feet of the large intestine, and the rectum is the last several inches. Partly digested food enters the colon from the small intestine. The colon removes water and nutrients from the food and turns the rest into waste (stool). The waste passes from the colon into the rectum and then out of the body through the anus.
Specialty Areas Include:
- Colon and rectal cancer: Patients can choose to be seen by an individual surgeon for consultation or as part of a multidisciplinary cancer clinic that allows a patient to see the entire cancer care team (surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, cancer nurse specialist) in individual appointments in the same location on the same day.
- Treatment of Complex Anal Diseases: Hemorrhoids, Fistula, Fissure, Pilonidal Cyst
Specific Techniques Offered Include:
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) treatment of colon and rectal cancer, colon polyps, diverticular disease and rectal prolapse.
- Anal Sphincter-saving surgery for rectal cancer
- Transanal Excision of anal and rectal tumors. This method eliminates any external excisions and allows for a quick and painless recovery.
- Office and operative hemorrhoid surgery techniques that minimize discomfort. Techniques include banding, injection sclerosis and stapled hemorrhoidectomy.
1501 Trousdale Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
Burlingame Center Google Map
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
SurgeonsAziz Ahmad, M.D.
Bruce Allen, M.D.
Kim Dalal, M.D.
Pam Foster, M.D.
Andrea Metkus, M.D.
Albert Wetter, M.D.
Randolph Wong, M.D.