Surgery Center Palo Alto
The Dr. R. Hewlett Lee Surgery Center Palo Alto is a patient-centered, state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center located at the Palo Alto campus of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF).
PAMF’s ambulatory surgery centers are facilities of choice for patients seeking a positive and personalized surgical experience for elective procedures. They are characterized by high-quality care, a friendly atmosphere and lower costs than hospitals. In a national patient survey administered by Press Ganey, the Surgery Center Palo Alto received a 95th percentile rating for patient satisfaction in the first quarter of 2013.
Surgeries and procedures are performed without the delays that often occur in a conventional hospital setting. Patients are provided with optimal privacy and comfort during all stages of their care. From registration to discharge, the patient experience is streamlined to minimize waiting and maximize quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Surgery Center Palo Alto
795 El Camino Real, Level A
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Surgery Center phone: 650-324-1832
Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Surgery Center Palo Alto is licensed by the State of California, certified by Medicare and accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). These credentials ensure that the facilities are compliant with the highest standards of health care and are equipped to meet any medical emergency that might arise during the course of surgery or performance of a procedure.
The Surgery Center Palo Alto has four operating rooms and three procedure suites.2. The surgery center is the second busiest center in California and performs a wide variety of surgical and GI procedures including; Ophthalmology, ENT, General and Orthopedic specialties.
Special features of the spacious, attractive facility include:
- Four large, operating rooms outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Three dedicated GI procedure rooms
- Highly trained and competent staff whose first priority is patient safety
- Convenient, free underground parking garage immediately adjacent to the Surgery Center Palo Alto
- A large, comfortable waiting room for patients' family members and friends
Insurance and Billing
Contact your insurance company about your Outpatient Facility Benefits. Ask your insurer to clearly outline your financial liability. You will be asked to pay your deductible and co-pay when you are admitted to the Surgery Center Palo Alto. Please note: Insurance authorization is not a guarantee of payment.
- As a courtesy, we will bill your insurance provider. If payment is not received within 60 days of billing, you are responsible for the balance due.
- If you are a PAMF patient, the Surgery Center Palo Alto fee is separate from other PAMF billing. You will receive a separate bill for the Surgery Center Palo Alto facility fee.
- Uninsured or cash patients will pay for services at the time of admission unless other arrangements have been made.
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
The Surgery Center Palo Alto recognizes its obligation to remain flexible in financial matters. If any of the above statements cannot be met, we will attempt to make other financial arrangements. These arrangements must be made prior to admission and must be approved by the Surgery Center Palo Alto.
Back to top