Modernizing the Sunnyvale Center
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation is replacing the 55-year-old medical building at 301 Old San Francisco Road with a modernized medical center to serve residents of Sunnyvale and surrounding communities. Currently under construction, when the new medical center opens in 2013 it will house a:
- Community Cancer Care Center
- Comprehensive Primary Care for adults, including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric Care
- Diagnostic Imaging Center offering the most advanced technology, including MRI, PET and CT scanners
- Complete diagnostic laboratory, enabling patients to walk directly from the exam room or their physician’s office to the lab
Community Cancer Care Center
Occupying 40,000 square feet on the first floor of the new medical center, the new Cancer Care Center will have the most up-to-date technology and employ the best medical personnel available. The Cancer Care Center will provide patients and their families with integrated access to specialists, radiation services and surgical consultation at a single site. Experienced nurse navigators will guide patients and families as they consider treatment options, go through therapy, and receive support services from nurses and other professionals as part of our innovative Healthy Living program. The center will join existing clinical programs at other PAMF sites and will complete PAMF’s regional Cancer Care Program of Excellence — the first such program in our organization’s history.
The new Cancer Care Center will provide:
- Offices, exam rooms and support services for 15 new medical and radiation oncology physicians.
- Specialized oncologists to treat cancers of the ovaries and uterus.
- Fifteen infusion stations, more than doubling the current number of patients who can receive chemotherapy locally.
- A linear accelerator to provide radiation therapy necessary for many cancers.
- Patient support programs, including dietitian services.
- Clinical drug trials as part of PAMF’s regional Cancer Care Program of Excellence.
Comprehensive Primary Care
Our goal is to provide our community with a continuum of lifelong coordinated care in state-of-the-art facilities located where people live and work. The Primary Care Center will occupy 80,000 square feet of our new Sunnyvale Center, providing space for 60 new physicians, including internists, pediatricians, obstetrician-gynecologists and family physicians.