Why Should You Exercise?
Physical activity will help you look and feel better. Your skin, hair, posture and muscle tone all will improve. You'll be stronger and you'll have more energy.
Activity also helps you avoid depression, stress, and boredom. You'll be more alert mentally. Thinking more clearly can even help your grades. And, being active is fun!
Just 30 Minutes a Day
Experts say just 30 minutes of activity on most days will help you stay healthier. Adding exercise into your life may be easier than you think. You can break up the 30 minutes into shorter chunks.
Just make sure you exercise for at least 10 minutes at a time and get your heart rate up. Work out hard enough that you lightly sweat and your heart beats faster, but not so hard that you can't talk while exercising.
How Can You Find the Time to Exercise?
Make activity part of your daily life:
- Instead of getting a ride or taking the bus, walk or ride your bike to school, work, or the mall.
- When you're hanging out with friends, play Frisbees or basketball.
- On a date? Try going dancing instead of going to a movie.
- Turn off the TV, video games, or computer for the afternoon. Do something active instead.
- Join a team at school. Or check out your local parks and recreation leagues.
- Do something fun! Hike, surf, skateboard.
- Hanging out at the beach or pool? Jump in and take a swim.
Are you 14-17 and willing to complete a brief (anonymous) questionnaire on food, activity, and technology use?
If so, please Click Here.
Below are links PAMF accessed when researching this topic. PAMF does not sponsor or endorse any of these sites, nor does PAMF guarantee the accuracy of the information contained on them.
For more information on teen-age girls and exercise, go to the Girls Are Champions Web site.