Diary of Symptoms for a Heart Rhythm Problem
If your doctor thinks you might have a heart rhythm problem, he or she may ask you to keep a diary of symptoms. This information can help your doctor find out what type of rhythm problem you have.
In your diary, include the following:
- How fast or slow was your heart beating? See Reference how to check your pulse Opens New Window Reference Opens New Window.
- Was your heart rhythm regular or irregular?
- What symptoms did you have?
- What time of day did your symptoms occur?
- How long did your symptoms last?
- What were you doing when your symptoms started?
- What may have helped your symptoms go away?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: June 2, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Rakesh K. Pai, MD, FACC