Avoiding Insects That Can Cause Allergic Reactions
You may be able to avoid exposure to insects that cause Reference allergic reactions Opens New Window.
- Wear white clothing, which is less likely to attract bees.
- Do not use scented soaps, perfumes, makeup, or suntan lotions when you are outdoors.
- Keep skin covered as much as you can. Wear shoes rather than sandals.
- Keep trash cans clean and closed.
- Stay away from trees that are ripe with fruit.
- Close car windows.
- When you can, have someone else do the yard work.
- Move slowly and calmly to get away from insects that might bite or sting you. Reduce sudden movement.
- Do not swat at bugs or swing your arms.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: April 29, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine