Symptoms of Severe Anxiety and Panic
Symptoms of severe anxiety and panic linked with Reference social anxiety disorder Opens New Window include:
- Fast heart rate and fast breathing.
- Trembling and feeling weak in the knees.
- Being unable to move or run away.
Symptoms of panic include:
- Feelings of terror or hopelessness.
- Chest tightness or chest pain.
- Severe trouble breathing with a fear of choking.
- Hot flashes or chills.
- A sense of unreality (like being in a dream).
- Fear of losing control or going crazy.
- Fear of dying.
See the topic Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder for more information on symptoms of severe anxiety and panic.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference July 11, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry