Other Conditions With Symptoms Similar to Epilepsy
Other conditions that may cause symptoms similar to seizures caused by epilepsy include:
- Fainting and loss of consciousness (Reference syncope Opens New Window).
- Reference Psychogenic seizures Opens New Window. These may occur in people who have or who do not have epilepsy.
- Reference Migraine headaches Opens New Window.
- Reference Fever seizures Opens New Window (febrile convulsions).
- Muscle twitches or Reference tics Opens New Window.
- Sleep disorders.
- Reference Breath-holding spells Opens New Window.
- Reference Ménière's disease Opens New Window.
- Reference Transient ischemic attacks Opens New Window (TIAs).
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: August 26, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics
Reference Steven C. Schachter, MD - Neurology