Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your allergy symptoms?
- How long have you had these symptoms?
- Do you have an idea of what is causing your symptoms?
- Are your allergies present all year, or do they get better or worse with different seasons?
- What have you tried at home to decrease your symptoms? Has it helped?
- What prescription or nonprescription medicines have you tried in the past? What worked and what didn't?
- What other prescription and nonprescription medicines are you taking?
- Have you recently gotten a tattoo or body piercing?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference November 12, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine