Burns and Electric Shock
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What caused the burn?
- What kind of material was burning (such as wood, plastic, chemical, or asbestos)?
- When did the burn occur?
- What is the size and location of the burn? Can you Reference estimate the depth as a first-, second-, or third-degree burn?
- Was there a possibility of Reference smoke inhalation Opens New Window? Was the fire in an enclosed place?
- How was the fire put out?
- Were there other injuries?
- What home treatment has been used?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference November 16, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine