Dry Skin and Itching
When to Call a Doctor
Call your doctor if any of the following symptoms are present:
- You itch all over your body but there is no obvious cause or rash.
- Itching is so bad that you cannot sleep, and home treatment is not helping.
- Your skin is badly broken from scratching.
- You see signs of infection, including:
- Increased pain, swelling, redness, warmth, or tenderness.
- Red streaks extending from the area.
- Discharge of pus.
- Fever of 100°F (37.8°C) or higher with no other cause.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpits, or groin.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference February 14, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Alexander H. Murray, MD, FRCPC - Dermatology