Aortic Valve Stenosis
When to Call a Doctor
Call your doctor immediately if you have any of the symptoms of Reference aortic valve stenosis Opens New Window, such as:
- Chest pain or pressure.
- Shortness of breath.
- Palpitations (feeling like your heart is pounding or racing).
Who to see
Your Reference family doctor Opens New Window may diagnose aortic valve stenosis during a routine checkup. Other health professionals who also may discover aortic valve stenosis during a physical exam include:
- Reference Nurse practitioners Opens New Window.
- Reference Internists Opens New Window.
- Reference Physician assistants Opens New Window.
- Reference Cardiologists Opens New Window.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference February 14, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Rakesh K. Pai, MD, FACC - Cardiology, Electrophysiology
Reference John A. McPherson, MD, FACC, FSCAI - Cardiology