What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Using Reference blood thinners (anticoagulants) Opens New Window or aspirin, which can increase the chance of bleeding.
- Having blood, bile, urine, or feces in the fluid sample.
- Not being able to stay still during the test.
- Being Reference obese Opens New Window.
- Having scars inside the belly (Reference adhesions Opens New Window) from any belly surgery in the past.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference January 17, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine
Reference W. Thomas London, MD - Hepatology