Why It Is Done
A kidney biopsy is done to:
- Find kidney disease when there is blood or protein in the urine or when the kidneys are not working well.
- Check kidney problems seen on an ultrasound or a CT scan.
- Watch kidney disease and see if treatment is working.
- Find out why a transplanted kidney isn't working well.
- Find out more information about a tumor found in the kidney.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference September 25, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Christopher G. Wood, MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology