What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Having an untreated bleeding or blood clotting disorder.
- Not being able to lie still.
- Having advanced kidney disease, uncontrolled Reference high blood pressure Opens New Window, or only one kidney.
- Being Reference obese Opens New Window.
- Having a severely deformed spine.
- Having a Reference urinary tract infection. Opens New Window
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference September 25, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Christopher G. Wood, MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology