Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors (PDE-5 Inhibitors) for Erection Problems and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Why It Is Used
PDE-5 inhibitors can be used when an Reference erection problem Opens New Window (erectile dysfunction) is caused by:
- Reference Diabetes Opens New Window.
- Reference High blood pressure Opens New Window.
- Spinal cord injury or other problems affecting nerve function.
- Prostate surgery.
- Side effects of medicines.
- Emotional or psychological causes.
PDE-5 inhibitors are also used in men who have an enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), to help with symptoms.