What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Taking certain medicines that might affect your test results. Tell your doctor all of the medicines that you take.
- Being pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Taking large doses of vitamin C.
- Drinking large amounts of alcohol.
- Having a test, such as a Reference computed tomography (CT) scan Opens New Window, that used dyes in the past 7 days.
- Having pernicious anemia, which means you lack the substance (intrinsic factor) needed to absorb vitamin B12.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference December 14, 2010|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Brian Leber, MDCM, FRCPC - Hematology