Mouth Problems, Noninjury
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is your main symptom?
- When did your symptoms start?
- Have you had this problem before? If so, do you know what the cause was at that time? How was it treated?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Have they helped?
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried? Have they helped?
- Have you started on any new medicines or had a change in the dosage of a medicine?
- What is your routine for taking care of your teeth and gums? When did you last visit a dentist?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference July 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference David Messenger, MD