Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- How long have you had the skin spot?
- Has your skin spot changed? If so, how?
- Where did it first appear? Where is it now?
- What other symptoms, such as itching or pain, do you have?
- Are there any other family members who have the same skin changes or a history of skin changes?
- Is there anything new or different that you have been exposed to, such as a medicine, personal care products, products at work, or things related to sports or hobbies?
- What home treatment have you tried? How did it work?
- Have you ever been treated for a skin condition like this in the past?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference April 27, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine