Psoriasis: Skin, Scalp, and Nail Care
- If you have psoriasis, your skin is very
sensitive. To protect your skin, avoid:
- Skin care products that irritate your skin.
- Scratching and picking your skin, and skin injuries such as cuts or scrapes.
- Cold, dry climates. Cold weather makes symptoms worse.
- The most important thing you can do is to keep your skin moist. Use moisturizing creams, ointments, and lotions.
For more information, see the topic Reference Psoriasis.
Return to topic:
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 9, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Amy McMichael, MD - Dermatology