Hives: Home Treatment
You may be able to relieve itching or Reference hives Opens New Window by:
- Avoiding further contact with whatever you suspect is causing the hives.
- Using a cool washcloth to help relieve itching.
- Not using strong soaps, detergents, and other chemicals, which can make itching worse.
- Taking an
Reference antihistamine Opens New Window, such as Benadryl or Chlor-Trimeton, to
help treat the hives and relieve itching.
- Read and follow any warnings on the label.
- Don't give antihistamines to your child unless you've checked with the doctor first.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference April 29, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine