Living With More Than One Health Problem
Working With Your Doctors
Good treatment depends on making sure that all of your doctors know about all of your health problems. Everyone you see for health care needs to know how you are being treated for each health problem you have.
Think of your doctors as your team. Tell each doctor that you expect him or her to talk with the other doctors about your care.
Learn more about:
- Reference How to work with more than one doctor.
- Reference How to make the most of your doctor visit. This includes forms you can use to prepare for your doctor visit.
- Reference How to work closely with your doctor.
- Reference How to get a second opinion.
- Reference How to keep medical costs down.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference August 3, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Brian D. O'Brien, MD - Internal Medicine