Sexual Problems in Women
You can take the following steps to help prevent sexual problems.
- Look after your overall health—both your physical health and your emotional health.
- Talk regularly to your partner about your needs and desires.
- Become familiar with your own patterns and methods of sexual arousal, perhaps through masturbation.
- Understand that many women do not always have Reference orgasms Opens New Window during sex and that mutual pleasure can be a satisfying way to have sexual intimacy.
- Use plenty of lubrication for your vagina to avoid dryness. This is the most common cause of painful sex.
- Enjoy tenderness and closeness. And avoid expectations of great sexual performance.
Being sexually active with a partner or through masturbation helps maintain vaginal health. And having regular sexual intercourse helps preserve vaginal elasticity and keeps vaginal tissues from shrinking.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference October 22, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology