Weakness and Fatigue
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is your major symptom, Reference weakness Opens New Window or Reference fatigue Opens New Window?
- Have you had these symptoms
before? If so:
- Did you see a doctor for an evaluation of your symptoms?
- What was the diagnosis?
- How were your symptoms treated?
- What other symptoms do you have that may be related to your major symptom?
- How long have you had your symptoms? Describe what was happening when you first noticed your symptoms.
- What makes your symptoms better or worse?
- What home treatment have you tried?
- Are you experiencing any particular stress at home, work, or school that could be causing your weakness or fatigue?
- Are you using any alcohol or other drugs, such as caffeine or nicotine, that may be causing fatigue?
- What medicines have you used, both prescription and nonprescription?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference January 12, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine